Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Dinner Success!!! Mini Chicken Pot Pies

Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but with a husband and two small children in my house, dinner preparation is not for the faint of heart. There are many evenings when Shawn smiles politely and Allie and Mac plain refuse to eat what I make. It doesn't taste bad; it's just not a home run. 

Well, last night was a home run. And a surprising one at that. I saw Mini Chicken Pot Pies on Pinterest and thought, That looks good. I bet my family would like that. So, a few ingredients later, I decided to make them. 

Success!!! Allie ate them, Mac ate them, and Shawn ate four! I ate two, and was quite satisfied. Even though they are called mini, they really aren't particularly small. They bake up really nicely, and the biscuits are a perfect texture. I was worried that the bottom might not get done enough with the filling and all, but they baked exactly right. I served the pot pies with a salad, and we had a great dinner! I had leftover filling, which I froze for another time, so if you bought another can of biscuits, you could easily make 10 or 12 of these (if you have a bigger family, or bigger eaters than a 3 1/2 year old and an 18 month old). 

This recipe is from Pillsbury Grands website. I did alter a couple of things, which I have noted. 

Grands! Mini Chicken Pot Pies

2
cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (next time, I will remove the green beans from the mix - I didn't love their flavor in this - and cut up some canned potatoes to add instead, since they are already soft)
1
cup diced cooked chicken (I used canned chicken breast, and it made the process a lot easier!)
1
can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
1
can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits 

Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, combine vegetables, chicken and soup; mix well. Roll each biscuit into 5 1/2-inch round. (Make sure to flour your board, otherwise things will get sticky!) Place 1 round in each of 8 greased regular-size muffin cups. Firmly press in bottom and up side, forming 3/4-inch rim. Spoon a generous 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each. Pull edges of dough over filling toward center; pleat and pinch dough gently to hold in place. (You can be creative with this - as long as most of the filling is covered, it will be fine!) Bake at 375 degrees F 20 to 22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from pan.



A delicious mini-masterpiece and crowd pleaser, all in one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment