Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Hershey's 5 Minute Dark Chocolate Cake and Cocoa Fudge Frosting

Okay, let me start out by saying that this cake is AMAZING. 

Not just good. Not even delicious. It is AMAZING. 

This is the recipe my grandma always uses to make our birthday cake. And my sister and I always request it. When she gave me a copy, I felt like I had discovered the Ark of the Covenant or the Holy Grail. After all, this is THE cake. The magic cake. The cake that never disappoints, never fails. 

I was shocked at how easy this cake is to make! I kept thinking that I must be doing something wrong. There is no way that this cake is just dumping some ingredients in a bowl, mixing it up, and putting it in a pan. 

But I was not wrong. I have made this cake countless times since I received the recipe, and it has never let me down. Neither has the frosting, which really does taste like fudge. 

Make this cake tonight! You probably have everything you need right in your pantry!



Hershey's 5 Minute Dark Chocolate Cake

1 3/4 c. flour
2 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. cocoa 
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

2 eggs
1 c. milk
1/2 c. oil
2 tsp. vanilla

1 c. boiling water


Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the wet ingredients EXCEPT for the water. Beat at medium speed for two minutes. Stir in the water, making sure to use the lowest setting on your mixer. 

Pour into a buttered and floured pan (can be Bundt, 9"x13", or 2 9" round pans). Bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes for a Bundt pan, 30 - 35 minutes for round pans, or 30 - 40 minutes for 9"x13" pan, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 



Cocoa Fudge Frosting

3 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar (I sift this, just to make sure there are no lumps)
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. cocoa
6 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla 

Sift sugar into mixing bowl. In a small saucepan, melt butter at low heat. Stir in cocoa until completely combined. Add chocolate and butter mixture, milk, and vanilla to sugar. Beat until spreading consistency. 



Perfection!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment